CODE | 21 FRONTLINE SALES CONVERSATIONS
Improved Performance and Excellence
The focus of CODE I 21 are a newly designed, Hybrid SALES TRAININGS for today’s Buyer 4.0 markets with focus on VALUE and BUYER 4.0 specific DIALOG MODELS. The programs address the new MINDSET and the changed BUYING BEHAVIOR of today´s modern decision-makers.
is the Core Design Point of
21st Century Selling Systems.
NEW DESIGN POINTS
BUYER 4.0 - Buyer Journey and "Changing Buying Environment"
Not a well-structured end-2-end sales process created by the seller forms the basis in the sales cycle of the 21st century, but the BUYER JOURNEY, the new MINDSET and the changed DECISION-MAKING PROCESS of the modern decision-maker are the trigger and pace-setter for the seller.
- 85% of decision-makers do not see their expectations being met in conversations with salespeople.
- 84% of decision-makers do not see any significant difference in the offerings of different suppliers.
- 90% of the conversations do not manage to address what is most important for the buyer.
THE CONVERSATION MODELLING SYSTEM ©
The core feature of the selling system is the newly designed CONVERSATION MODELING SYSTEM ©, which enables sellers to exactly select a CONVERSATIONAL CONCEPT depending on the status of the buyer in his BUYER JOURNEY and the specific business scenario given. So Buyer 4.0 skilled sellers are able to exactly address the expectations and new decision-making process of today’s Buyers.
SALES TRAINING PROGRAMS
SKILL SETS AND SALES ROLES FOR TYPICAL B2B BUSINESS SCENARIOS
SALES APPROACHES, SALES ROLES and your MARKETS.
Generating new business in
today´s buyer-driven markets.
Frontline Sales Conversations
Buyer 4.0 tailor-made conversation
formats along the Buyer Journey.
Superior sales cycle management in
SMB and Small Enterprise Business.
Negotiating final agreements
and improving margins.
Client Management Field Sales
Development and monetizing
of existing clients.
Tactics and techniques of discussing
prices with customers.
Key Account Management
Managing and leading premium customers and strategic partners.
Lead qualification and sales dialogues designed for transactional sales.
Leadership and Coaching
The KATA Coaching and Leadership Modell to implement new selling skills.
CODE|21 SKILL SETS AND SALES ROLES FOR
TYPICAL B2B BUSINESS SCENARIOS
THE AGENDA SETTER ©
Generating NEW BUSINESS is the foundation of a successful sales organization and ultimately essential to any strong sales team. However, in most cases only 8% of sales leaders consider the pipeline of their teams to be healthy and sufficient. (SellingPower)
The AGENDA SETTER © is a specialist in contacting people and developing business in Buyer 4.0 markets. With new CONTACT STRATEGIES and value-based DIALOGUE and MESSAGING TOOLS he systematically approaches decision-makers to arrange meetings and consequently create opportunities to capture new business.
HOWs: Buyer 4.0 Contact Strategy, multi-stage Acquisition Conversations, Messaging Tools, Sales Playbook and Exit and Follow-Up strategies.
- identify HIGH POTENTIALS in the market,
- develop a personal MARKET DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY,
- build a Buyer 4.0 specific CONTACT STRATEGY,
- identify the BUYING REASONS and the CUSTOMER NEED for each individual persona,
- identify the IDEAL DECISION-MAKER,
- organize access to KEY PLAYERS and EXECUTIVES,
- formulate PROMPTERS and SCRIPTS for addressing different targets,
- deal with OBJECTIONS and define EXIT STRATEGIES,
- create a SALES PLAYBOOK to improve performance and efficiency,
- and define a FOLLOW-UP STRATEGY.
THE CHANGE AGENT ©
85% of the decision-makers do not see their expectations fulfilled in conversations with sellers and 90% of the conversations do not manage to address what is most important for the buyer. (Forrester Research)
The consequence: No interest – No evaluation – NO DEAL!
Through newly acquired CONVERSATIONAL COMPETENCES the CHANGE AGENT © is able to push new business with existing and new potential customers, to expand cross- and up-selling and to successfully launch new products on the market. Key are the innovated DISC CONVERSATION MODELS, which are strictly tailored to the mindset of today’s buyers and their changed decision-making and buying habits.
HOWs: Buyer 4.0 DISC Conversation Models to generate new business with existing and prospective new customers.
- use new CONVERSATION MODELS to address the changing buying behavior and the new decision-making practices of Buyer 4.0,
- recognize the Buyer’s BUYING STATUS and position in his BUYER JOURNEY,
- create and tailor the appropriate CONVERSATION CONCEPTS and STORYBOARDS,
- open the conversation by teaching relevant INSIGHTS,
- take the lead in the conversation through the use of value-based CONVERSATION TOOLS,
- influencing and lead the Buyer through CONDITIONING TECHNIQUES to towards our product portfolio,
- outline the MAIN BUYING CRITERIA ,
- create a solution linked to the MAPPING TABLEAU,
- specify the VALUE of your offering including highlighting the economical impacts in a joint discovery journey with the decision-maker,
- develop quantified BUYING VISIONS and
- illustrate results with special WHITEBOARD and STORYTELLING TECHNIQUES,
- finally qualify the Buyer and
- define the FOLLOW-UP or in a more complex sale the EVALUATION PROCESS to finish the conversation with a CALL-TO-ACTION.
THE BUSINESS EXPERT ©
According to Buyer´s perception, only 14% of suppliers have true USPs to set themselves significantly apart from other vendors, and 60% of opportunities are not lost to competition but do not come to a close at all. (CEB | IDC)
The way the product is sold, is therefore far more decisive for closing a deal and differentiating in the evaluation process than the product itself.
Through a professional sales cycle management based on a control and management tool, the BUSINESS EXPERT © will systematically close the opportunity and differentiate himself through presentation and moderation techniques that precisely address the buying and decision-making procedures of modern buyers.
HOWs: Dialogue Models for the Opportunity and Sales Cycle Management as well as Sweet Spot Presentations and Moderation concepts.
- perform an OPPORTUNITY ASSESSMENT,
- create a COLLABORATION PLAN as part of the buyer qualification process to
- organize ACCESS to individual members of the BUYING CENTER
- actively influence the EVALUATION PROCESS and
- ensure a well-organized ORCHESTRATION of the sales cycle.
- carry out specific DIAGNOSTICS in order to
- specify the DEMAND PROFILE
- and recognize the VALUE PREFERENCES,
- carry out a systematic CONDITIONING of the Buyer,
- if necessary, redesign an existing BUYING VISION,
- develop a solution by using a MAPPING TABLEAU,
- create a SWEET SPOT PRESENTATION based on the findings and results achieved,
- design an appropriate WIN PLAN,
- conduct REVIEW CONVERSATION to eliminate red flags,
- set up a VALIDATION PLAN,
- put together a BAFO in the style of an EXECUTIVE PROPOSAL,
- perform a CHECK-AND-BALANCE MEETING to pre-screen the final negotiation.
Salespersons guide the BUYING COMMITTEE with confidence through a multi-stage evaluation process by using conversation and presentation concepts derived from the different tools used throughout the process.
This way, they clearly differentiate themselves from competitors, increase their odds to get on the shortlist and raise the probability to win and close a final agreement. Above all, a consistently performed opportunity management helps to avoid “no deal” scenarios.
THE VALUE MANAGER ©
In today’s market environment, the buyer is in the driving seat, holds the power and dominates normally when it comes to negotiationg final agreements. This is particularly true in commodity markets, when it is nearly impossible to differentiate only through technical product features.
VALUE MANAGER © are experienced negotiators who are able to meet the buyer at eye level by using negotiation concepts based on equal terms and value-based closing strategies. ZOPA negotiation tactics as well as closing techniques are used in line with the Quid Pro Ouo philosophy.
Through value-based argumentation the win rate will increase by 60% (IDC).
HOWs: Buyer 4.0 Dialogues for presenting proposals and to finalize deals through value-based price negotiations.
- perform Buyer 4.0 aligned PRESENTATIOS OF QUOTATIONS,
- apply STORY TELLING and VISUALIZATION TECHNIQUES,
- use the Value-Chain© to lead the conversation,
- manage the BUYING CENTER in a differentiated way by “tailoring” CUSTOMER NEEDS,
- design a VALUE PREFERENCE GRID for this purpose,
- prepare for a FINAL NEGOTIATION,
- create a NEGOTIATION STRATEGY,
- use ZOPA NEGOTIATION TACTICS,
- define goals and NEGOTIATION PARAMETERS,
- prepare for critical NEGOTIATING POSITIONS,
- plan and reduce NEGOTIATION RISKS that may arise during negotiations,
- use differentiated VALUE ARGUMENTATIONS for price statements and push backs,
- deal with different CHARACTERS OF NEGOTIATORS,
- address typical BUYER TACTICS,
- develop a GET-TO-GIVE MEDIATOR concept,
- create a CONVERSATION PLAN along with MILESTONES to manage the negotiation masterfully,
THE CLIENT MANAGER ©
From many perspectives, existing customers are the better choice over new customers: Lower costs, higher creation of value, better profitability, lower price sensitivity, good brand ambassadors and steady business volumes.
CLIENT MANAGERS © are specialized to systematically develop and monetize existing customer. This means strengthening customer loyalty through regular customer meetings in order to ensure the current business or having meetings to start new business initiatives to expand future scope or volumes.
Cross- and up-selling, launching new products, dealing with RFPs and managing complaints actively are, in addition to customer care, the central tasks for systematically developing customers into long-term partners.
HOWs: Buyer 4.0 Dialogue Models for cross-selling, upselling and managing compliants.
- systematically expand existing BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS by
- creating a CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT PLAN,
- conducting a PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS,
- setting up an OPPORTUNITY PLANNING,
- stimulating demand among VALUE SPONSORS and decision-maker concerned,
- selecting appropriate CONVERSATION MODELS for cross- or upselling,
- formulating the necessary STORYBOARDS,
- mapping adequate CONVERSATION TOOLS,
- designing the content and ILLUSTRATIONS,
- drafting a CALL-TO-ACTION in accordance with a WIN PLAN for the final deal,
- manage a CUSTOMER RFP in order to successfully finalize the sale, and therefore
- create a concept for the RFP ANALYSIS
- conduct a DIAGNOSTIC CONVERSATION,
- design a CONDITIONING CONCEPT,
- redesign the existing BUYING VISION,
- set up and deliver a SWEET SPOT PRESENTATION with WHITE BOARD and STORYTELLING TECHNIQUES,
- and already derive the NEGOTIATION PARAMETERS for the final negotiation.
- deal with COMPLAINTS and customer problems,
- create a PLAYBOOK for a CUSTOMER CARE GUIDE,
- conduct a COMPLAINT CONVERSATION and at the same time stabilize the customer relationship in the long term.
THE PRICE MANAGER ©
Price and value of a product have always had a decisive influence on the decision-making process. Nowadays, PRICING plays a special role, since the globalization of markets and the increasing commoditization of products puts the price automatically under pressure and is an obligatory point of discussion for customers.
The PRICE MANAGER © is trained to sovereignly carry out different price discussions with customers and as well to argue price increases skillfully in order to enforce them in the market in the best possible way. He uses different conversation models to address the corresponding scenarios in a differentiated way and is familiar with all common methods, tactics and concepts around negotiating prices.
HOWs: Buyer 4.0 Dialogue Models to fight price attacks and to implement price increases at customers.
- successfully take advantage of the PSYCHOLOGY OF PRICE NEGOTIATIONS in order to
- understand the BACKGROUND and MOTIVATION for price negotiations
- know typical BUYER TACTICS ,
- know how to react to them in the best possible way,
- understand what are the BIGGEST NEGOTIATION MISTAKES sellers can make,
- adopt the most proven NEGOTIATION TACTICS,
- have knowledge of the different TYPES OF PRICE CONVERSATIONS and
- apply the appropriate NEGOTIATION STRATEGY.
- react to PRICE ATTACKS of competitors with different PRICE DIALOGUE MODELS, depending on whether they are
- Low-Cost-Providers and trying to take away business from us through aggressive price offerings,
- Specialists and attack our current position with special solutions,
- Competitors who want to squeeze and replace us.
- argue and enforce at customers
- GENERAL PRICE INCREASES or
- PRODUCT-SPECIFIC PRICE INCREASES
- cover the mentioned scenarios using a 4-STEP CONVERSATION MODEL
- make use of ZOPA or GET-TO-GIVE negotiation strategies,
- finally point out future perspectives with an “AIRBAG STORY” in order to consolidate the business relationship in this critical situation and re-establish the partnership for the future.
THE STRATEGIC SALES MANAGER ©
The role of the Strategic Sales Manager © particularly focuses on SELLING-SKILLS used in the context of Key Account Management. The skills go beyond the traditional repertoire of managing customers in order to develop, secure and systematically expand the existing business potentials of strategic customers.
The foundation is built upon various planning and analysis tools for creating a strategic customer profile and to prepare business development plans according to the principles of “value co-creation”.
To implement the customer development strategy, the KAM Manager is armed with tools to guide the ACCOUNT TEAM and a skill set including conversation and moderation concepts to be used in the day-to-day sales management at the customer.
HOWs: Buyer 4.0 Strategic Conversation, Annual Meeting, Analysis and Leadership Tools for strategic selling and for team management.
- conduct a structured KEY ACCOUNT ANALYSIS to visualize your sales position and clarify the competitive coverage,
- perform a WHITE SPACE ANALYSIS to uncover potential opportunities to expand future business
- create a comprehensive MULITLEVEL SALES MESH to drive buying committees successfully to final agreements,
- prepare a BUSINESS PLAN (RPP) to protect existing sales,
- create an OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT PLAN to successfully close current sales opportunities,
- design a PARTNER DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY to generate future business and build strategic alliances,
- use specific PLANNING AND ANALYSIS TOOLS for the implementation of the strategy,
- apply dedicated DISC Conversation Models© for the day-to-day business based on the Sales Cockpit,
- perform a STRATEGY CONVERSATION at top management level,
- introduce ANNUAL MEETINGS to increase customer retention and to trigger new business,
- use MODERATION and WHITEBOARD TECHNIQUES to control meetings and lead conversations,
- manage their TEAMS with ACTION PLANS and strategically implement NETWORKS OF EXPERTS
Using these skills and tools, KEY ACCOUNT MANAGERS raise their competencies in strategic selling and get empowered to consistentley develop and protect high-profile customers.
They also take a systematic approach to building strategic alliances based on high profitability and sustainable values.
THE INSIDE SALES AGENT ©
Inside Sales becomes more and more important due to the differentiated handling of customer segments and the increasing online business.
The job profile is definitely challenging, since in transactional sales of standard products, price and availability have top priority for the customer, competitive differentiation is only achievable to a limited extent, the contact time is fairly short and the probability to end up in a price discussion is very high.
Beyond that, the Inside Sales Agent© should try to simultaneously up-sell, expand sales through additional services or add-ons and also identify promising prospects to qualify and forward them to Field Sales. This requires a well-structured approach and true sales excellence in this specific area.
HOWs: Sales Dialogue Models aligned to Buyer 4.0 Principles, Discount DialogUE, Follow-Up-DialogUE, Closing Dialogue , Upselling-DialogUE, Cross-Selling-DialogUE.
- execute a structured LEAD QUALIFICATION and thereby:
- evaluate the individual BUYER PROFILE,
- identify the BUYING STATUS,
- specify the NEEDS and REQUIREMENTS,
- use ROUTING CRITERIA to qualify INCOMING LEADS,
- and, if necessary, assign and forward the contact to Field Sales.
- have a conversation similar to a Sales Consultant,
- create a BUYING VISION through a product statement,
- use the possibility of CROSS- OR UPSELLING,
- check the caller´s READINESS TO BUY in order to receive the order,
- if necessary, CREATE A QUOTE and consistently manage the FOLLOW-UP,
- at that point start with a VERIFICATION of the sale,
- have a final, predefined PRICE NEGOTIATION,
- explore again his WILLINGNESS TO BUYand close the deal,
- optionally prepare an EXIT STRATEGY,
- initiate a LEAD NURTURING process to initiate FOLLOW-UP BUSNESSand to build a long-term customer relationship.
With the Buyer 4.0 conversation concepts, INSIDE SALES is able to improve their conversion rates and at the same time achieve the targeted sales margin.
As a result, by implementing the new conversational skills and price negotiation techniques, SALES MANAGEMENT leverages the level of excellence within internal sales and through this upskilling, moves the department to an effective new SALES CHANNEL.
THE SALES COACH ©
According to experts, 70% of the overall success of a sales qualification program depends on whether management is able to organize a successful implementation of the new skill sets into the everyday sales business.
For this, CODE | 21 offers a TRANSITION FRAMEWORK, that basically consists of three leadership components. At its core a Leadership and Coaching Modell © based on the KATA philosophy of Toyota. This model has been especially adapted for the SALES COACH © to easily implement new skills and to manage behavioral changes by following systematically a structured IMPROVEMENT PROCESS.
In addition an online Sales Excellence Academy © supports sellers to rapidly develop their newly aligned skill levels and a Plug-and-Sell Sales Enablement © concept accelerate the transition process to implement new sales approaches throughout the organization to consistently achieve the intended ROI.
HOWs: KATA Coaching and Ledership Model, Coaching Dialogue, Leadership Framework, Improvement Routine, SalesWiki, Learning and Reinforcement Plattform, Online Skill Library.
- manage the implementation process by using the TRANSITION FRAMEWORK and the provided LEADERSHIP TOOLS,
- implement and control the IMPROVEMENT PROCESS at an operational level,
- apply the COACHING DIALOGU and use the associated LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK ,
- manage the IMPROVEMENT ROUTINE for mentees to achieve a permanent improvement of their selling skills,
- set up a COACHING ROADMAP and use it to plan reinforcement cycles,
- make use of the COACHING AND IMPROVEMENT REPORT to control the coaching activities,
- apply OPPORTUNITY and METHODOLOGY COACHING in different ways during the process,
- practice the KATA COACHING PRINCIPLES ,
- handle the Sales Excellence Academy© and the underlying SalesWIKI operationally and conceptually,
- implement the SALES ENABLEMENT CONCEPT and actively build up the SKILLS LIBRARY,
- develop the principle of “continuous improvement” into a CORPORATE CULTURE.
- use the KATA COACHING MODELas a leadership tool to methodically manage change in their teams for general purposes.